Celebrating National Parents Day With Ford Canada
July 22nd was National Parents Day and to celebrate my family and I went on a trip to Prince Edward County in the beautiful 2018 Ford Explorer. (If you haven't checked out the car, make sure to click this link.)
We set out on our adventure after quickly grabbing our morning coffees on a two and half hour ride. The time flew by as we all laughed and listened along to my moms spotify playlist on the incredible Ford sound system. Our first stop was to the Drake Devonshire for brunch.
The Drake Devonshire is one of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever seen. It has been decorated with art instalments, and every corner of the restaurant offers a stunning view. Click the picture below to see all of the different menu items we tried.
For our second stop was to the Frugal Company, which is an antique store. My parents, my brother and I used to go to a lot of antique stores around Midland growing up, so the whole experience was very nostalgic.
Our final stop was to the Lavender Farm, which was the one we were most excited for. (I had seen so many great photos of the fields from other people on Instagram) The farm space was nice, and there were lots of places to sit and take photos. The gift shop also had some great lavender treats including infused chocolates and lemonade.
I thought I would end the trip by showing the gorgeous car we took. The Ford Explorer was extremely spacious, and had some great features including:
An available 4G embedded modem that includes a Wi-Fi hotspot and supports as many as 10 devices at once – up to 50 feet away from the vehicle.
SYNC Connect, which allows owners to connect with Explorer remotely using FordPass® to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from almost anywhere – while also allowing access to important vehicle diagnostic information.
This technology joins such existing features as enhanced active park assist, which uses ultrasonic sensors and electric power-assisted steering to help drivers with parallel and perpendicular parking; park-out assist, which helps drivers pull out of parallel parking spots; and intelligent all-wheel drive with Terrain Management System™, which enables improved driving capability by sending power where needed.
Newly available Safe and Smart Package that combines high-demand driver-assist features for a great value. The package includes:
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support uses radar to detect moving vehicles directly ahead, and changes cruising speed if necessary
- Blind Spot Information System uses radar to trigger a warning when another motorist is in the driver’s blind spot
- Cross-traffic alert uses radar to help alert drivers to oncoming traffic when backing out of a parking space
- Lane-keeping system automatically detects left- and right-hand road lane markings using front camera system. A vibration in the steering wheel alerts the driver if the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane. System can also provide steering torque to help guide the vehicle back into the lane if needed
- Auto high-beams use windshield-mounted cameras to automatically switch between high-beam and low-beam settings when oncoming traffic is detected
- Rain-sensing wipers
This post is not sponsored and all opinions expressed are strictly my own.